The benefits of the ozone therapy for sportsmen and for people who practice a sport intensively are linked to a balancing of their metabolism. Studies performed on gymnasts proved that ozone saunas during the recovery period decrease the lactic acid by 20% faster and the athletes’ performance during the following session increase by 25%.
In a nutshell, ozone therapy:
- increases tissue oxygenation by a faster release of oxygen in the erythrocytes;
- increases the production of ATP, resulting in a larger amount of energy and a faster period of recovery;
- delays the start of anaerob glycolisis by reducing the formation of lactic acid;
- reduces the inflammations and helps reduce hematomas;
- muscle relaxing effect by the elimination of the muscular tension in the trigger points;
- the increase of immunity;
- represents a natural antibiotic that does not affect the intestinal flora;
- balances the hormones so that steroids are not necessary.